Regardless if you trade options for a living or if you trade part-time as a hobby, finding the right options trading software is paramount to your success.
Glitches, memory leaks, long load times, and delayed data are guaranteed to cost you money. With that said, the following brokers offer some of the best trading platforms in the industry. Although more and more brokers are offering downloadable trading platforms, most of the web-based options trading software is just as robust and speedy.
Ally Invest Software
- Ally acquired TradeKing and adopted the TradeKing Live web-based software
- Advanced charting, analytics, options analysis, and free real-time data
- Need to use separate login for futures trading
- Access to TradeStation Easy Language for algorithmic trading
- Free real-time market data on a professional-grade trading platform
- Downloadable platform not Mac compatitable
List of Options Trading Software Reviews:
Without question, the software these four brokers offer is the best options trading software on the market – and they all do it for free. Although many traders don’t mind spending $200-800 per month on trading software, the truth is that is spending that kind of money on trading technology is just not necessary.
The advanced programming capabilities of TradeStation’s platform put it on par with the the algorithmic customization that Bloomberg Tradebook offers. Ally Invest’s API technology allow traders to develop their own applications and connect directly to Ally’s servers. Professional options trading software like the BB Tradebook cost around $2,400 per month, but for resourceful traders, the free technology that’s out there is just as good, if not better. How can a trader go wrong with that?